Presented by Brokers Alliance with guest co-host Joe Racich.
On Wednesday’s Show: The pair talk about the term market over the years and the additional living benefit riders that have appeared with these new combo policies. Some of these riders are embedded into the contract for free while others are standalone purchase riders.
Trendsetter® LB is guaranteed initial level premium term life insurance with Chronic, Critical and Terminal Illness Accelerated Death Benefits (ADBs) inherent in the products, subject to state availability. Trendsetter LB provides living benefits and death benefits in one life insurance solution, for clients who want an extra level of protection for their loved ones’ financial security.
Here’s an example of the leading term life insurance carriers with living benefits.
Chronic Illness Accelerated Death Benefits
• Allows the policyholder to access up to 24% of the policy face amount per year when he or she is determined by a licensed health care practitioner to be unable to perform two of the six activities of daily living (bathing, continence, dressing, eating, toileting, and transferring) for a period of 90 consecutive days, or to be suffering from severe cognitive impairment for a period
of 90 consecutive days or more.
• The maximum amount that can be accelerated over the lifetime of the insured is the lesser of 90% of the face amount of the policy or 0,000, and the minimum amount that can be accelerated is ,000 annually.
Critical Illness Accelerated Death Benefits
• Enables the policyholder to access his or her death benefit in advance of death when he or she is determined by a licensed physician to have suffered a critical health condition, such as cancer, heart attack, stroke, a major organ transplant, end stage renal failure, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), blindness, or paralysis due to the loss of two or more limbs.
• The maximum amount that may be accelerated is the lesser of 90% of the face amount of the policy or 0,000, and the minimum amount that may be accelerated is ,500.
Terminal Illness Accelerated Death Benefits
• Provides the ability to access a portion of the policy’s death benefit as a lump sum payment in advance of death when a licensed physician has diagnosed the insured to have less than 12 months to live.
• The maximum amount that can be accelerated is the lesser of 100% of the face amount of the policy or 0,000, and the minimum amount is ,000.
This video was produced by http://bizmediastudios.com/